To collect, preserve, interpret, educate and promote the Iron Range history and cultural heritage.
To serve, manage, promote, sustain and develop the MDC assets for the long-term benefit of regional Iron Range residents and visitors.
Provide sustainable and responsible stewardship of community assets. Serve and cultivate learning experiences for people of all ages.
Minnesota Discovery Center – The Museum of the Iron Range is a private non-profit 501(C)3 museum incorporated in Minnesota. As a non-profit, IDC is held in the public trust and is governed by a volunteer non-profit board of directors and headed by an Executive Director.
- Excellence — We encourage innovation, creative solutions and a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Service — We provide service that is warm and responsive, based on an understanding of the communities we serve.
- Professionalism — We perform our work in a professional manner that promotes careful and responsible management of all that is entrusted to our care.
- Respect — We hold our guests, patrons and team members in high regard.
- Integrity — We act in a truthful, ethical manner... we do the right thing.
- Teamwork — We value working together to achieve common goals.