New Employment Opportunity!
Sous Chef/Kitchen Assistant
Responsible for assisting professional food service department, venue rental, and event setting. To be a positive representative of the Minnesota Discovery Center.
- Willing to be trained and eventually work independently
- Comprehensive knowledge of the materials, methods, and equipment used in preparing food on a small scale
- Experience in the preparation, cooking, and storage of food in both restaurant, venue rental, and event settings
- Ability to work respectfully within a team
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, stressful environment
- Strong work ethic
- Under the direction of the Food and Beverage Manager, ability to plan, prepare, and cook foods in compliance with health and safety standards
- Assist and at times, lead in the preparation, service, and storage of food in compliance with health and safety standards throughout food preparation and storage areas
- To assist and at times, lead in clean-up of food prep and dining areas
- To assist with ordering food, maintenance of inventory, and cost reporting as needed
- Work to ensure food service resources are utilized in an effective manner
- Report any deficiencies in equipment or supplies to the Food and Beverage Manager
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and legal requirements
- Ensure that MDC is represented in a way that demonstrates cooperation, consideration, and respect to guests, colleagues, and general public
- Other duties as assigned
- General food service environment
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential work functions
- Weekdays, weekends, and evenings required as needed
- Part-time/Non-exempt position
$13.00/hr. minimum starting wage - dependent on experience
Click on link to view complete job description! Sous Chef/Kitchen Assistant
PLEASE SUBMIT BOTH A RESUME AND AN APPLICATION!
Applications are available at our winter admissions front desk.
Download Job Application
Completed job applications and resumes can be submitted to:
Minnesota Discovery Center
1005 Discovery Drive
Chisholm, MN 55719